Revision as of 07:58, 13 March 2018 by ***** (***** | *****)
Portal SLM for climate resilience and biodiversity
Call for articles
Share your experience and insights of a field-tested successful example of sustainable land management (SLM) in a landscape with protected areas as part of ecosystems, which has positive impacts on climate resilience (including flood and drought regulation) and on biodiversity, helping to sustain both ecosystems and human well-being.
Worldwide and particularly in developing countries
Guidelines for abstract:
- Submit an abstract of no more than 4000 characters,
- for now only English articles are accepted,
- structured by: title, name and contact details of author(s), name and contact details of implementer(s) of SLM practice, name of SLM practice, country / location, description of SLM practice, impacts of SLM practice, success factors, potential for replication and scaling-up, references,
- label the abstract with "SLM for climate resilience and biodiversity" and other relevant topcis (e.g. climate change adapation),
- for further information on the guidelines of how to write an article please visit the WOCATpedia "Help section".
- The quality and relevance of the content will be evaluated, as well as whether the guidelines have been respected. The evaluation will be done by the WOCAT Secretariat.
- The five best articles will be shared via Facebook during the last week of the call. The article with the most likes will be taken into account for the final review.
- The final evaluation will be selected by the project group launching the call.
Best article promotion:
The winning article will be shared and promoted in the global WOCAT Network and among its partners, as well as through the WOCAT social media channels and the WOCAT website.
How to submit your article:
Create a new article.
Categorise it labelling it with "SLM for climate resilience and biodiversity".
Check out other articles submitted for this contest.
Deadline for submission is the 12th of March 2018
The contest winner will be announced at the beginning of April 2018.