- Application of special herbicides replaces tillage for weed control and thus enables farmers to have an 18 months fallow period (chemical fallow) after two crops have been taken over a 6 month period.
- Yields are higher than conventional tillage.
- Costs are lower than conventional tillage.
- No-till technology reduces soil erosion.
- Soil compaction is too reduced.
- Increase in the water retention capacity of soil.
- Precise in corporation of phosphate fertilizer beneath seeds.
- Evaporation suppression or control.
- Runoff reduction.
- Application of crop residues in the No-till technology applied fields, increases soil organic matter and thus the amount of carbon sequestrated.
- Balance in nutrient levels.
- Minimal disturbance to the natural state of soil.
Where the Land is Greener