- Increase in water infiltration capacity of soil.
- Decrement in runoff.
- Availability of crop residues on surface as there is no inversion of soil.
- Less exposure of loose soils to external disturbing agents.
- Vulnerability to splash and sheet erosion is least.
- Water loss through evaporation and runoff is reduced.
- Savings in energy used for cultivation.
- Storage of rainfall water within the root zone.
- Reduced germination of weeds enables the field ready for planting.
- Yields are 60%higher than conventionally ploughed farms.
- Crop matures sooner.
Where the Land is Greener